Overview of Connecting to the Blockchain
By the end of these guides, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast public providers vs. vendor providers vs. wallet providers
- Select the appropriate provider for several use cases
Connecting with a Provider
- Set up a provider in wagmi and use it to connect a wallet
- Protect API keys that will be exposed to the front end
1. Be familiar with modern, frontend web development
In this guide, we'll be working with a React frontend built with Next.js. While you don't need to be an expert, we'll assume that you're comfortable with the basics.
2. Possess a general understanding of the EVM and smart contract development
These guides assume that you're reasonably comfortable writing basic smart contracts. If you're just getting started, jump over to our Basecamp guides and start learning!